Berks County, PA, Property Division Lawyers

Equitable Distribution Of Assets And Debts In Pennsylvania

Houses, cars, 401(k)s, IRAs, military pensions... Fairly dividing these assets are some of the greatest challenges you will face while going through a divorce. At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our Wyomissing, PA, property division lawyers have extensive experience and the legal knowledge that you need. We can discuss issues of concern, such as:

  • Should I fight for the house, or should we try to sell it?
  • Is my spouse entitled to part of my pension or retirement account?
  • Am I entitled to part of my spouse's business?
  • What if my spouse is hiding assets?
  • Will I be responsible for any of my spouse's debts?
  • Am I entitled to alimony?
  • How do I protect my business?
  • What about property or money that I inherited?
  • What will happen to the debts accumulated during the marriage?
  • How long will I have to pay alimony?
  • How does child custody impact the distribution of assets?
  • All of the property is in my spouse's name – does that mean I get nothing?

We will listen carefully to your particular questions and concerns. Then, we will help you explore ways to protect your financial future. If you and your spouse can negotiate how to divide the assets and debts, we can draw up a property settlement agreement for you. If you cannot agree, we can discuss how the Divorce Master's process works to have the case decided through the court process. If you are getting married and have concerns about property division in the event of a divorce, we can draft a prenuptial agreement for you.

Dividing Property Between Unmarried Parties

What if you bought property with someone you're not married to? In Pennsylvania, the process of equitably dividing joint property between unmarried cohabitants or unmarried persons is called "partition." If you purchased real estate or personal property with someone else, such as a boyfriend, girlfriend, family member, etc., we can help you keep your interest in the property, even if there is conflict and animosity.

Contact Our Berks County, PA, Property Division Lawyers

Learn more about property division by calling our attorneys for a free consultation. Contact Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 (Berks County), 717-345-3208 (Lancaster County), 570-362-6837 (Schuylkill County) or 866-232-1913, or send us an email.