Berks County, Pennsylvania, Abuse Protection Lawyers

PFAs can help you escape a bad situation. If you have been falsely accused, we can defend your interests.

Pennsylvania offers special protection to victims of abuse. Whether you are living in fear of physical harm, you have actually been assaulted or you are being stalked, you can request a protection from abuse (PFA) order. If you are on the other side, and have been falsely accused, we can help you.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., we help clients in Berks, Lancaster, Schuylkill and surrounding counties find relief from abuse and freedom from fear. For those named as defendants, we can prevent the other side from using the system against you, whether it's to take your kids from you, or force you out of the home. With more than 30 years of combined legal experience, our protection from abuse lawyers in Berks County, PA, represent both men and women.

Common Questions About PFA Orders

Here are a few frequently asked questions about protection from abuse orders:

  • Who can I file against? You can file a PFA against a spouse, an ex-spouse, a parent, a child, a current intimate partner or an ex-intimate partner.
  • What happens when I file a petition? When you file a petition with the court, a judge will ask you about the abuse and determine whether you need a temporary protection order. Within 10 days, the judge will also schedule a final PFA hearing to hear your testimony and that of the defendant.
  • What if I am innocent of the accusations? We can help you prevent the opposing party from using a PFA as a means to gain custody or exclusive possession of the home. We can defend your good name against false allegations.
  • What will a PFA do for me, if I'm the one who files? A PFA order can grant many kinds of relief, including:
    • Prohibiting the defendant from contacting you
    • Giving you temporary exclusive possession of the home
    • Modifying child custody or visitation
    • Ordering the defendant to turn in any weapons

Contact A Protection From Abuse Lawyer In Berks County Or Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

If you are experiencing abuse, or have had a PFA filed against you, do not wait to contact our Wyomissing or Lancaster office and learn more about your rights. Simply call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 (Berks County), 717-345-3208 (Lancaster County), 570-362-6837 (Schuylkill County) or 866-232-1913. You may also contact our attorneys by email.