Domestic Relations Attorney In Berks County

After you file the paperwork of your divorce or paternity action, you will receive a notice to appear in a special department of the court called domestic relations. This is where your child support and spousal support payments will be negotiated, so it is important to have a lawyer with you.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to discuss child support and spousal support orders and modifications. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, we represent clients in domestic relations courts in Berks, Lancaster and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania.

How Are Child Support Orders Determined?

Your notice will ask you to bring a number of financial documents to domestic relations. These will include your pay stubs and tax returns, as well as expenses such as day care, health care and extracurricular activities.

When you show up, you will attend a conference with an officer of the court. This person will not be a lawyer. The officer of the court will recommend a monthly support payment based on your child care expenses and your earnings or earnings capacity. That number is negotiable. Our attorneys can help you negotiate the most favorable outcome based on our understanding of Pennsylvania law and case history.

If you are unable to reach an agreement with the officer of domestic relations, you can request a hearing with a child support master, who will be an attorney or if necessary, an exceptions hearing.

How Are Spousal Support Orders Determined?

Alimony pendente lite, or APL, is temporary alimony while your divorce case is in process. The amount of alimony you are entitled to receive or are obligated to pay will be negotiated in domestic relations. If you are unable to reach an agreement on alimony, you can request a hearing with a support master.

Call Our Pennsylvania Domestic Relations Lawyers

For more information about child support or spousal support, call 610-816-0935 (Berks County), 717-345-3208 (Lancaster County), 570-362-6837 (Schuylkill County) or 866-232-1913, or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation.