Close Window X

PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of Covid-19, we are offering prospective and current clients the ability to meet with us digitally and remotely via telephone, email and through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

We are open for business and accepting new clients. We will be serving our current clients diligently during the Covid-19 situation.

Rowe Law Offices, P.C.
Call today to schedule a free consultation
610-816-0935 866-232-1913

Rap artist Kodak Black ordered to pay child support

Pennsylvanians who follow news from the world of rap music may know that Kodak Black has been embroiled in a lengthy child support battle with the mother of his 2-year-old son. Recently, a court issued its final orders in the case, and the hip hop star will pay $4,200 per month until his son reaches the age of majority.

News sources report that the child's mother, a Florida woman, argued that Black was being dishonest about the amount of income he earns. She once asked the court to hold him in contempt of court and send him to jail because she claimed that he had refused to turn over his financial records.

The case is now over and Black will pay child support each month until his son turns age 18. Black will also be responsible for covering his son's medical insurance as well as all uninsured dental and medical expenses. As a result of the case, Black was also officially named as the father of the boy.

Raising a child is expensive. That's why courts expect both parents to contribute to a child's upbringing. When a noncustodial parent fails to pay child support, the custodial parent may benefit by getting legal help. An attorney could help a client obtain financial documents from the noncustodial parent and uncover any hidden sources of income. After a child support order is in place, the parent who is ordered to pay must make the payments as ordered or risk being held in contempt of court. The potential sanctions for the nonpayment include jail time, wage garnishments, property liens and tax levies.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Have Questions? Get A Free Case Review

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Wyomissing Office
1200 Broadcasting Road
Suite 101
Wyomissing, PA 19610

Phone: 610-816-0935
Wyomissing Law Office Map

Lancaster Office
8 N. Queen Street
Suite 1102
Lancaster, PA 17602

Phone: 717-382-8360
Lancaster Law Office Map

Allentown Office
1248 Hamilton Street #201
Allentown, PA 18102

Allentown Law Office Map

Berks or Montgomery counties or the Lehigh Valley: 610-816-0935 Lancaster or York counties: 717-382-8360 Schuylkill County: 570-362-6837 Toll Free: 866-232-1913