Close Window X

PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of Covid-19, we are offering prospective and current clients the ability to meet with us digitally and remotely via telephone, email and through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

We are open for business and accepting new clients. We will be serving our current clients diligently during the Covid-19 situation.

Rowe Law Offices, P.C.
Call today to schedule a free consultation
610-816-0935 866-232-1913

Alex Rodriguez in child, spousal support dispute

Pennsylvania fans of baseball player Alex Rodriguez may have heard that he and his ex-wife are in a dispute over child and spousal support. Rodriguez currently pays her $115,000 per month to his former spouse.

The initial support agreement was supposed to be revised when Rodriguez retired from the MLB. While the now-retired star used to make $30 million a year playing for the Yankees, his income has since dropped to $3 million annually as a broadcaster. Meanwhile, his ex-wife has a masters in psychology as well as a new fiancé with whom she also has a child. Rodriguez has cited these as reasons why she no longer needs as much spousal support. Allegedly, she has several cars, three homes and millions of dollars.

Reportedly, Rodriguez is proposing monthly payments of $7,000 to $12,000 per month to cover child support for their two daughters, who are 11 and 13. However, he is willing to go as high as $20,000. She is asking for $50,000 per month.

Child support is usually paid by the parent who does not have physical custody. If the noncustodial parent has a significant change in income after child support is determined, it is possible to request a modification. A parent should not wait to request this since the modification is not retroactive. The person will continue to owe the same amount until the modification is approved. A parent who is struggling to get child support from the other parent may want to go through the state child support offices. Enforcement may be able to garnish wages or take other steps to make sure child support is paid. Legal counsel could help with this process.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Have Questions? Get A Free Case Review

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Wyomissing Office
1200 Broadcasting Road
Suite 101
Wyomissing, PA 19610

Phone: 610-816-0935
Wyomissing Law Office Map

Lancaster Office
8 N. Queen Street
Suite 1102
Lancaster, PA 17602

Phone: 717-382-8360
Lancaster Law Office Map

Allentown Office
1248 Hamilton Street #201
Allentown, PA 18102

Allentown Law Office Map

Berks or Montgomery counties or the Lehigh Valley: 610-816-0935 Lancaster or York counties: 717-382-8360 Schuylkill County: 570-362-6837 Toll Free: 866-232-1913