Close Window X
Rowe Law Offices, P.C.
Call today to schedule a free consultation
610-816-0935 866-232-1913

October 2014 Archives

Same-sex marriage in Pennsylvania

Same-sex couples in Pennsylvania may benefit from reviewing some of the information published by the ACLU to address many of the questions that are asked frequently. According to a U.S. District Judge's May 20 ruling, Pennsylvania will now recognize out-of-state same-sex marriages and will allow same-sex couples to get married in the state. The next day, the governor confirmed that he would decline to appeal the ruling.

High-asset divorce in Pennsylvania

When Pennsylvania couples divorce, the emotional stakes are often high. For those who are going through a high-asset divorce, the financial stakes pose an additional layer of stress and can involve hundreds of thousands of dollars as well as property. Determining how to equitably divide assets in such a case can be complicated and daunting.

How is child support calculated?

When calculating child support payments in Pennsylvania, courts calculate the net income of both parents. To determine a parent's net income, the monthly gross income is the starting point and then certain items are deducted. An average of at least six months is generally used when finding one's net income.

Property division in Pennsylvania divorces

Pennsylvania couples whose marriages are ending know too well that there are many issues that need to be considered. If the couple has one or more children, then the matters will include the determination of legal and physical custody as well as the amount of child support to be paid. In other cases there may be a question of whether one party will be required to pay spousal support. One issue that is universal, however, is the determination of property division.

Child custody in Pennsylvania

In Pennsylvania, custody encompasses two different forms. Legal custody refers to the ability of a parent to make major decisions for the child and may be either solely held by one parent or shared by both. Physical custody refers to with which parent the child will live most of the time. Like legal custody, physical custody can take different forms.

Have Questions? Get A Free Case Review

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Wyomissing Office
1200 Broadcasting Road
Suite 101
Wyomissing, PA 19610

Phone: 610-816-0935
Wyomissing Law Office Map

Lancaster Office
8 N. Queen Street
Suite 1102
Lancaster, PA 17602

Phone: 717-382-8360
Lancaster Law Office Map

Allentown Office
1248 Hamilton Street #201
Allentown, PA 18102

Allentown Law Office Map

Berks or Montgomery counties or the Lehigh Valley: 610-816-0935 Lancaster or York counties: 717-382-8360 Schuylkill County: 570-362-6837 Toll Free: 866-232-1913