25+ Years of trusted representation & superior results for clients. Nobody will fight harder than us.

Get Help Determining Accurate Child Support

Child support payments can be a significant part of your monthly budget. As a result, you want to be sure those payments are calculated accurately.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys offer a free initial phone consultation to answer your questions about child support. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, we represent clients who pay child support as well as those who are entitled to receive support.

Our lawyers can assist you with:

  • Establishing a support order
  • Attending support conferences and hearings
  • Modifying a support order after a change in circumstances
  • Terminating support after a child is legally emancipated
  • Enforcing a support order
  • Child support arrearages
  • Seeking contribution for day care, extracurricular activities, sports fees and medical insurance premiums

Pennsylvania Child Support Guidelines

In Pennsylvania, child support is based on:

  • The income or earning capacity of both parents
  • The number of children you support
  • Your child custody schedule
  • Day care and health care costs

Our lawyers will go over the calculations so you can get an idea as to how much you might expect to receive or pay.

Determining income is often the most complex child support issue. If a parent is self-employed or has income from other sources, it may take a forensic accountant to accurately determine income for purposes of calculating child support.

New Child Support Guidelines: Pennsylvania changed its child support guidelines in August of 2013. If you already have a child support order that was established before that date, you may request a modification. You may be eligible to receive a higher support amount.

What Happens To Past Due Child Support When The Child Reaches 18?

Child support payments are typically made until the child reaches age 18, or the majority age. However, past due child support does not simply disappear when the child reaches the age of 18. Those late payments are in arrears, and the parent responsible for paying must continue payments until the balance is paid in full.

Read more in this blog post: Past-due child support after reaching the majority age

For More Information About Child Support

To schedule a free initial phone consultation with a child support lawyer today, call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 (Berks County), 717-382-8360 (Lancaster County), 570-362-6837 (Schuylkill County) or 866-232-1913 — or send us an email.