Child Support Lawyers
Child support payments can be a significant part of your monthly budget. As a result, you want to be sure those payments are calculated accurately.
At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about child support. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, we represent clients who pay child support as well as those who are entitled to receive support.
Our lawyers can assist you with:
- Establishing a support order
- Attending support conferences and hearings
- Modifying a support order after a change in circumstances
- Terminating support after a child is legally emancipated
- Enforcing a support order
- Child support arrearages
- Seeking contribution for day care, extracurricular activities, sports fees and medical insurance premiums
Pennsylvania Child Support Guidelines
In Pennsylvania, child support is based on:
- The income or earning capacity of both parents
- The number of children you support
- Your child custody schedule
- Day care and health care costs
Our lawyers will go over the calculations so you can get an idea as to how much you might expect to receive or pay.
Determining income is often the most complex child support issue. If a parent is self-employed or has income from other sources, it may take a forensic accountant to accurately determine income for purposes of calculating child support.
New Child Support Guidelines: Pennsylvania changed its child support guidelines in August of 2013. If you already have a child support order that was established before that date, you may request a modification. You may be eligible to receive a higher support amount.
For More Information About Child Support
To schedule a free, face-to-face consultation with a Berks County child support lawyer today, call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 (Berks County), 717-382-8360 (Lancaster County), 570-362-6837 (Schuylkill County) or 866-232-1913 — or send us an email.