Facing A Divorce? We Can Help You.
If you are going through a divorce, you are probably losing sleep. At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., with offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, we understand that the issues you are dealing with are serious. That’s why our experienced, compassionate legal team is only a phone call or email away. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, Pennsylvania, we serve Berks, Lancaster, York, Schuylkill and Lebanon counties and the Lehigh Valley.
The decisions you make during your divorce can affect you for the rest of your life. Before you do anything that cannot easily be undone, contact one of our lawyers for a free initial consultation. To learn more about the divorce process, please see our infographic on the steps involved in a divorce.
Focused On Your Needs
Our lawyers answer emails after hours and over the weekend. We also have a 24-hour answering service. Why? Because sometimes you can’t wait until morning for an answer. You may be in the middle of a dispute and need our guidance. We are happy to help you, in any way that we can, even if it’s not during normal business hours.
Our lawyers focus their efforts on resolving disputes as efficiently and amicably as possible, while fully safeguarding your rights. We handle divorces for elders, military personnel and spouses and those in the baby boomer generation. Each family is different and has different needs and concerns. We can address them all.
The following pages provide more information about issues that can arise in your divorce and about questions you may have:
- What is separation? In Pennsylvania, your separation date is the date you and your spouse begin to live as two separate people. This is an important date in your divorce for several reasons.
- What if my spouse won’t consent to divorce? If your spouse won’t consent to divorce, our attorneys can help you formulate a strategy to avoid a drawn-out divorce.
- Fault grounds in divorce: In Pennsylvania, you can file for divorce based on fault or no-fault grounds.
- Property division: Equitably dividing marital property is one of the greatest challenges people face in divorce.
- Finding hidden assets in divorce: Our lawyers use experts such as forensic accountants and business valuation experts to ensure that you receive everything you are entitled to.
- Dividing marital debt: Many couples have more debt to divide than assets. It’s important to understand what debt is marital and what is separate.
- Dividing businesses in divorce: If you or your spouse owns a business, obtaining a fair division of the value of the business is important to your future financial security.
- Pension transfers in divorce: Retirement assets are often the largest component of a married couple’s assets.
- Tax consequences in divorce: When dividing marital property in divorce, it’s important to consider what the asset will be worth after you sell it and pay taxes.
- Divorce master hearings: A divorce master is an attorney, appointed by the court to conduct pretrial conferences and hold hearings in contested divorces.
More information is available on our frequently asked questions page as well.
Our proactive and creative solutions often allow our clients to avoid litigation, which has high emotional and financial costs. If the other side is not being reasonable, our attorneys have the courtroom experience to vigorously advocate for you at trial.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With One Of Our Divorce Lawyers
To schedule a free, face-to-face consultation with an experienced divorce attorney, call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 or 866-232-1913 — or send us an email.