Close Window X

PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of Covid-19, we are offering prospective and current clients the ability to meet with us digitally and remotely via telephone, email and through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

We are open for business and accepting new clients. We will be serving our current clients diligently during the Covid-19 situation.

Rowe Law Offices, P.C.
Call today to schedule a free consultation
610-816-0935 866-232-1913

May 2014 Archives

Be smart about when you divorce

Many people think of couples divorcing when they've reached a boiling point, but it is often more accurate to say that the couples have boiled over. There are very few people who decide to divorce on a whim. Instead, they have been dealing with a multitude of reasons as to why they and their spouses should divorce for quite a while. Even after they make the decision to divorce, they will often wait to file for divorce until the most opportune time.

Property division concerns shared by average and the mega rich

When people in Lancaster see stories like this one of a billionaire and his wife divorcing, they can't help but think that the concerns they have during a divorce are quite different than their own. The truth is, however, that is not always true. Sure, they have much more money than most people in Lancaster, but that doesn't mean that they don't also have to figure out property division, child custody and support, alimony and other such family law issues.

Father owes almost $100,000 in overdue child support

Though very few people like to be told by a court that they will need to pay an ex-husband or -wife money every month, many people recognize that, in the case of child support, there is good reason for the order. Child support orders are not meant to punish a parent or to force interaction with his or her ex, but they are a way to defray some of the costs of raising a child. For the custodial parent, it can cost quite a bit to care for the former couple's child, so it only makes sense that the other parent also contribute.

Pennsylvania woman grapples with same-sex parenting laws

In our most recent blog post, we discussed a very hot topic buzzing all around the country: LGBT family law. Parents who identify as lesbian or gay might face an uphill battle when seeking to share custody of their children with a heterosexual ex-spouse. This issue is liable to surface anywhere -- even in states that recognize same-sex marriages, like Pennsylvania.

When courts refuse to recognize science in custodial arrangements

No matter your personal beliefs on whether same-sex couples should be able to raise children, there is a bevy of studies that show that being raised by gay and lesbian parents is not detrimental to children. The problem is, however, that when some parents divorce because one spouse realizes he or she is gay, courts are reluctant to accept the results of those studies when it comes to making custodial arrangements. Unfortunately, there are many gay and lesbian parents who have a difficult time getting fair amounts of parenting time just because of their sexual orientations.

Have Questions? Get A Free Case Review

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Wyomissing Office
1200 Broadcasting Road
Suite 101
Wyomissing, PA 19610

Toll Free: 866-232-1913
Phone: 570-362-6837
Phone: 610-478-7725
Wyomissing Law Office Map

Lancaster Office
8 N. Queen Street
Suite 1102
Lancaster, PA 17602

Phone: 717-382-8360
Lancaster Law Office Map

Allentown Office
1248 Hamilton Street #201
Allentown, PA 18102

Allentown Law Office Map

Berks or Montgomery counties or the Lehigh Valley: 610-816-0935 Lancaster or York counties: 717-382-8360 Schuylkill County: 570-362-6837 Toll Free: 866-232-1913