Close Window X

PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of Covid-19, we are offering prospective and current clients the ability to meet with us digitally and remotely via telephone, email and through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

We are open for business and accepting new clients. We will be serving our current clients diligently during the Covid-19 situation.

Rowe Law Offices, P.C.
Call today to schedule a free consultation
610-816-0935 866-232-1913

Does your child custody or support arrangement feel unfair?

Divorce can bring so many changes. From shifts in your social circle to huge adjustments to your finances, the years following a divorce can be overwhelming. For many people, nothing is as emotionally challenging as the stress that relates to changes involving your kids.

Some of the most common post-divorce complaints involve child custody and child support. If you feel like your custody and/or child support orders are unfair to you or your kids, you may want to talk to a lawyer about your options for modifying those arrangements.

Common custody concerns

As your kids get older, you may feel strongly that they should have more time with you, particularly if your home is not your children's primary residence. Maybe they connect with you more easily than the other parent. Perhaps your child has expressed that there are problems at the other parent's house.

Maybe you or the other parent wants to move out of the area because of work, family or relationship obligations. Or it may be that your schedule allows you to better care of your child after school. Many kinds of scenarios can warrant a look at your custody situation. 

Regardless of the reason, modification of your custody order needs to be signed by a judge. To be successful in this endeavor, there usually needs to be a demonstrable change in your circumstances, the other parent's situation or your child's or children's needs. It is important to be well prepared and fully informed before you seek changes to your custody order.

Child support: Typical changes of circumstance

Generally, child support is calculated using formulas that take into account the number of children, both parents' incomes and other factors. Many parents seek support modifications for reasons like:

  • A change in income
  • A job loss or layoff
  • An increase in expenses for the children
  • Special educational or medical needs

Get the help you need

Every situation is different. If you have concerns about custody or support, it's important to get your questions answered by an experienced lawyer who understands exactly how Pennsylvania family courts work.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Have Questions? Get A Free Case Review

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Wyomissing Office
1200 Broadcasting Road
Suite 101
Wyomissing, PA 19610

Phone: 610-816-0935
Wyomissing Law Office Map

Lancaster Office
8 N. Queen Street
Suite 1102
Lancaster, PA 17602

Phone: 717-382-8360
Lancaster Law Office Map

Allentown Office
1248 Hamilton Street #201
Allentown, PA 18102

Allentown Law Office Map

Berks or Montgomery counties or the Lehigh Valley: 610-816-0935 Lancaster or York counties: 717-382-8360 Schuylkill County: 570-362-6837 Toll Free: 866-232-1913