25+ Years of trusted representation & superior results for clients. Nobody will fight harder than us.

Wife of model-turned-felon seeking child support

On Behalf of | Nov 13, 2017 | Child Support |

Pennsylvania residents may be interested to learn that a 33-year-old man whose mugshot quickly became viral was sued for child and spousal support. According to man’s wife, from whom he is in the process of divorcing, the felon-turned-model only spends about two days each month with their 7-year-old son.

The former couple reportedly separated in July when the model was caught kissing British Topshop heiress Chloe Green in Turkey. He officially filed for divorce from his wife in August.

In the court documents, the soon-to-be ex-wife claimed that her husband of eight years drives a vehicle that costs $150,000 and has a variety of expensive jewelry. She said that she was not sure of what his income was, but that he appeared to make far more than her. She was seeking sole legal and physical custody of the child.

Going through a divorce with a child can be difficult for all parties involved. In situations where it appears that one parent has abandoned the family, however, the situation can be even more difficult. In these cases, a parent may be able to seek child support from the other parent who is no longer staying involved in the family. For the parent who maintains custody, supporting the child on one income may make it difficult to cover everyday expenses, medical needs and other costs associated with raising a child.

In some cases, the parent who allegedly abandoned the family may attempt to avoid paying court-ordered child support. This may be done by working odd jobs or constantly moving. A family law attorney may work with the parent who has custody to try and force the other parent to pay the child support that is owed.

Source: Ace Showbiz, “Jeremy Meeks’ Ex Demands Child Support, Claims He Sees Son ‘2 Days a Month’“, 10/31/2017