25+ Years of trusted representation & superior results for clients. Nobody will fight harder than us.

Relocating With Children After A Divorce

Few issues are more difficult for a parent than when a custodial parent wishes to relocate following a divorce. In these cases, it can be difficult to find common ground. To protect your rights as a parent, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our child custody attorneys offer a free initial phone consultation to answer your questions about relocation. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, we represent custodial parents who wish to relocate with their children, as well as parents who wish to object to the request for relocation.

Pennsylvania Law And Relocation

Under Pennsylvania law, a custodial parent cannot move a child out of the area without approval from the other parent or the court. You must follow specific notice requirements to the letter before you can move a child. If you fail to meet these requirements, you could lose the right to relocate with your child.

If you are served with a notice that your ex is relocating with your child and you oppose the move, it is important to object in a timely manner. If you fail to do anything, you may be prevented from arguing against the relocation later.

When considering whether to approve relocation of a child, the court will consider how the move will affect the child. Therefore, when arguing for or against a relocation, it is important to put the child’s best interests first.

For More Information About Relocation

To schedule a free initial phone consultation with a relocation and divorce lawyer, call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 or 866-232-1913 — or send us an email.