25+ Years of trusted representation & superior results for clients. Nobody will fight harder than us.

What Are Protection From Abuse (PFA) Orders?

Pennsylvania offers special protection to victims of abuse. Whether you are living in fear of physical harm, you have actually been assaulted or you are being stalked, you can request a protection from abuse (PFA) order. If you have been falsely accused, we can also help you.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., we help clients in the Lehigh Valley find relief from abuse and freedom from fear.

For those named as defendants, we can prevent the other side from using the system against you, whether it’s to take your kids from you or force you out of your home. With more than 50 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys represent both men and women.

A protection from abuse (PFA) order can help you escape a bad situation. Alternatively, if you have been falsely accused, we can help defend you.

Common Questions About PFA Orders

Here are a few frequently asked questions about protection from abuse orders:

  • Who can I file against? You can file a PFA against a spouse, an ex-spouse, a parent, a child, a current intimate partner or a former intimate partner.
  • What happens when I file a petition? When you file a petition with the court, a judge will ask you about the abuse and determine whether you need a temporary protection order. Within 10 days, the judge will also schedule a final PFA hearing to hear your testimony and that of the defendant.
  • What if I am innocent of the accusations? We can help you prevent the opposing party from using a PFA to gain custody or exclusive possession of your home. We can defend your good name against false allegations.
  • What will a PFA do for me if I’m the one who files? A PFA order can grant many kinds of relief, including:
    • Prohibiting the defendant from contacting you
    • Giving you temporary exclusive possession of your home
    • Modifying child custody or visitation
    • Ordering the defendant to turn in any weapons

Contact A Protection From Abuse Lawyer In Berks County Or Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

If you are experiencing abuse or have had a PFA filed against you, do not wait to contact us. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, we provide legal assistance for family law clients. Learn more about your rights today.

Call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 or 866-232-1913. You may also contact our attorneys by email.