Spousal Support, Alimony Pendente Lite And Alimony
We Serve Berks, Lancaster, York, Schuylkill And
Montgomery Counties And The Lehigh Valley
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS
Helping With Spousal Support And Alimony Issues
In a Pennsylvania divorce, spousal support and alimony arise as issues. One spouse is not automatically required to pay the other anything. In many cases, one spouse may be asked to provide financial assistance for a certain time frame to allow the other spouse to live comfortably.
Influential Factors In Determining Alimony
If the matter goes to trial, the court will consider several factors in determining the amount and duration of spousal support payments. These factors include:
- How much each person earns or how much he or she is capable of earning
- The age and health of each person
- How long the marriage lasted
- Whether one person contributed to the other’s job success or education
- Whether one person will need further education or training to become self-sufficient
- The standard of living established during the marriage
- Whether either party was guilty of marital misconduct
- Tax consequences of awarding alimony
- The assets and debts of each person
- Whether either person owned property from before the marriage
Contact Us Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
Because so many factors can influence the ultimate alimony award, it is wise to obtain legal advice from a highly experienced lawyer who knows the courts and the laws and will learn all the details of your situation.
To arrange a free, face-to-face consultation with one of our Pennsylvania spousal support and alimony lawyers, call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 or 866-232-1913. You can also reach us via email.