25+ Years of trusted representation & superior results for clients. Nobody will fight harder than us.

Taking Care Of A Loved One With A Guardianship

You may need to become the guardian of another person for many reasons. For example, if you need to care for an incapacitated parent or an adult disabled child, you may need to become that person’s guardian. Otherwise, you would not have the legal authority to make decisions for that person.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to explain what is involved in guardianships and other issues of family law in Pennsylvania.

What Is Guardianship?

Guardianship is the legal authority to make financial and personal care decisions for another person — usually a family member such as a parent or child who is unable to manage his or her own affairs. A minor may need a guardian to manage his or her money if he or she receives a significant inheritance or life insurance payment.

Our lawyers can guide you through the legal process of becoming a guardian in Pennsylvania. Our lawyers also represent guardians and family members in disputes over the care of an incapacitated child or adult.

Is There An Alternative To Guardianship?

In some cases, you can avoid the need for guardianship. For example, if your parent names you as his or her agent under a power of attorney, you could make decisions for your parent if he or she becomes incapacitated. Unfortunately, a person cannot make a power of attorney designation if he or she lacks legal capacity. In other words, you must make a power of attorney designation before you need it.

Contact Our Pennsylvania Guardianship Attorneys Today

For help regarding a guardianship matter, call 610-816-0935 or 866-232-1913, or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation.