What If My Spouse Won’t Consent To Divorce?

We Serve Berks, Lancaster, York, Schuylkill,
Lebanon And Chester Counties And The Lehigh Valley






Is Your Spouse Refusing To Agree To A Divorce?

In Pennsylvania, the waiting time before you can obtain a divorce can be lengthy if your spouse does not consent to the proceeding. To avoid a long and difficult divorce process, it’s important to seek a lawyer’s help as soon as possible.

At Rowe Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about contested and uncontested divorce. From our offices in Wyomissing and Lancaster, Pennsylvania, we serve Berks, Lancaster, York, Schuylkill and Lebanon counties and the Lehigh Valley.

How Long Does It Take To Get A Divorce In Pennsylvania?

If you and your spouse agree, you can obtain a final divorce 90 days from your separation date. If your spouse does not consent to a divorce, however, you have two options:

  • Plead no-fault and wait two years from your separation date until you can see a divorce master and obtain a final divorce
  • Plead a fault ground such as indignity or adultery, after which you can obtain a divorce in 90 days.

For most people, neither option is attractive. This is why it is so important to seek the help of a skilled lawyer. We are often able to persuade the other spouse to revoke his or her lack of consent rather than face the prospect of a divorce based on a fault ground.

Contact Us Today ~ Free Initial Consultation

To explore your options if your spouse won’t consent to divorce, call Rowe Law Offices, P.C., at 610-816-0935 or 866-232-1913, or send us an email.